About the Program
- Program will run for 6 weeks from February 19, 2020 through March 31, 2020.
- Program is open to all public and private high schools statewide. Home schools are not eligible.
- Maika`i members must designate their favorite participating high school.
- Maika`i members earn Maika`i points for themselves and an equal amount of points for their designated school during the 6 weeks of the program.
- The more points a school earns, the more scholarships it will receive.
- (100) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on a ranking system. We will rank schools based on the number of points earned in the program.
- Schools will be required to earn a minimum of 20,000 points to be eligible for the ranking.
- Ranking system:
Top (5) schools will receive (5) $2,000 scholarships each.
Next (10) schools will receive (3) $2,000 scholarships each.
Next (10) schools will receive (2) $2,000 scholarships each.
Next (25) schools will receive (1) $2,000 scholarship each.
- Schools will be asked to select their scholarship recipients based on the criteria established by Foodland.
- A nomination form will be available to the schools online through the Resource Materials. Schools will be asked to complete the nomination form for each of their scholarship recipients.
- Foodland will use the nomination form for verification purposes.
- Selection criteria, nomination form and further details will be made available via the Shop for Higher Education website.
- Schools may register on-line at https://sfhe.foodland.com beginning January 2-15, 2020.
- Schools will be required to update their account information.
- Foodland will send a confirmation e-mail to the school once the form has been accepted. The e-mail will include the school's code, user name and password set up instructions to access further program information online.
Important Program Dates
- Jan 2 First day to register school for participation
- Jan 15 Last day to register
- Feb 19 Shop for Higher Education starts
- Mar 31 Shop for Higher Education ends